Shortly we will be adding a “Brands” page at HazelnutKids that will detail the philosophy, safety standards, country of origin, and additional information about each of the brands we carry. We recently received a letter from Plan Toys addressing the issue of safety in the wake of other manufacturer’s toy recalls, and we’d like to share it with you:
Dear Valued Customers,
In response to the latest concern regarding the use of lead paint in the manufacture of toys, Plan Toys would like to reassure all retailers and consumers that Plan Toys is manufactured with the highest safety and environmental standards in mind. We build 100% of our products within our own factory, so we control the entire process from wood selection, manufacturing, to shipping.
- Plan Toys is manufactured from replenishable rubberwood.
- Plan Toys uses a natural kiln dry process, in place of chemical treatment, to preserve and stabilize the wood, thus making the Plan Toys products preservative-free.
- Plan Toys uses natural, water-based dyes in place of any type of paint to add accent colors.
- Plan Toys has won the following standards and awards for safety, environmental sensitivity and innovative design:
- ISO 9001 – Quality Management
- ISO 14000 – Environmental Management
- OHSAS 18001 – Occupational Health and Safety Management
- SA 8000 – Social Accountability Management
- ASTM & EN71 – Toy Safety Standards
- Parents’ Choice Awards
- Oppenheim Toy Portfolio Awards
Plan Toys takes tremendous pride in providing safe toys that are manufactured with sensitivity toward our environment.
Plan Toys, Inc
We are proud to carry Plan Toys at HazelnutKids!