At last, we have found an eco-friendly bike, that lasts through many stages of your child’s development! It is with great excitement that we introduce Wishbone Bikes. Wishbone Design Studio is based in New Zealand, and they are an innovative bunch for sure!
Their 3-in-1 bikes eliminate the need to purchase numerous bikes through your child’s toddler and early years, and their pedal-less design does away with the need for training wheels. Instead, the child learns balance right from the get-go.
Some of the Nitty-gritty details:
- Start with the three-wheeled trike to offer a lightweight, yet stable, design for even the littlest ones to become comfortable moving on wheels
- At 2 or 3 years old, remove the trike kit, converting it to a two-wheeled balance bike
- Then when your little rider is not so little anymore (4 or 5 years old), flip the wishbone-shaped frame upside down for maximum height
- Seat adjusts from 11″ to 18″ high
Some Green Details:
- bikes are made from sustainably harvested birch and ash
- seats are made of silicone – a material that is completely non-toxic and fully recyclable
- bike parts bag made from certified organic cotton
- no plastic in packaging, and Wishbone‘s marketing materials are printed on recycled and chlorine-free stock
Wishbone is a great choice for your child’s first bike. You can enjoy that it was responsibly and sustainably made, and your little biker can enjoy the freedom it gives them, and the skills they learn on it.
We offer stylish Limited Edition Wishbone bikes (3-in-1 Balance Bike – Koru, 3-in-1 Balance Bike – Wollemi), or you can choose one of the original wood designs ( 2-in-1 Balance Bike , 3-in-1 Balance Bike) and snazzy it up yourself! Hazelnut Kids carries the Wishbone Silicone Seats in 3 colors: blue, pink, and green. We also have Wishbone Bike Sticker Sets in 2 varieties: flames and flowers.
Bridgett – Manager, Hazelnut Kids